Title: Journal of Plant Protection
URL DOI: https://doi.org/10.31727/gzb
The journal was registered under the number 897 in the Public Relations Office of the Government of the Republic of Croatia.
welcome to our website. Journal is published 6 times per year (5 editions) in electronic and printed version. The journal is supported by the Ministry of science and education.
From the Journal’s history
The Journal of Plant Protection has been tracking the development of agriculture for many years, as in the Republic of Croatia so in the region and the world. The first issue of the journal, the forerunner of today’s Journal of plant protection, was printed on May 1, 1957 under the title Plant Protection. Under the name of Journal of plant protection, the journal has been published since 1978, as a journal of the Union of Plant Protection Societies of the SFRY and as a continuation of the earlier periodicals Biljna zaštita and Biljni lekar.
During the prominent decades, the journal has acquired well-respected business references as well as the trust of a broad circle of readers.
Aims and scope
- Plant protection
- Crop production
- Organic agriculture and ecology
- Agricultural mechanization
- Nutritional technology
- Agricultural Economics and Rural Development
The journal publishes scientific and professional papers and contains practical solutions, promotes the profession and expands knowledge from all areas of agriculture and food technology.
Interdisciplinary articles from the fields of agricultural production, processing of agricultural products, plant protection and environmental protection are welcome.
The Journal of Plant Protection (Glasnik Zaštite Bilja) is published in 6 numbers or 5 editions a year. The first edition of the year, number 1-2/23 (double issue) is in the form of a manual that contains an updated list of permitted plant protection products for use in agriculture and as such does not contain scientific papers – this edition is composed of a professional paper on topic of herbicides, fungicides, insecticides, acaricides, plant growth regulators and suckericides alongside tables listing the permitted commercial products for each stated category.
Types of papers
Original Scientific Paper
Journal publishes works that show the results of original research. The material may not be published somewhere else or for consideration for publication in another journal.
Journal publishes short articles containing information on scientific achievements which require a relatively fast release.
Journal publishes the papers as an overview of an area or problem based on previously published materials and literature, which are collected, analyzed, commented on and discussed in a new way.
Professional and scientific congress presentation
Journal publishes papers presented at scientific and professional conferences if the same are not published in the reference proceedings. Exceptionally, substantially revised and amended articles will be published.
Professional paper (review)
Journal publishes a useful contribution or an overview of problems and phenomena from a field of expertise of which the issues are not related to an original research. The papers contribute to the practical solution of a problem in the profession.
Author display / Attachments
Journal publishes display of some works (books), work of scientists / experts, special supplements etc. The paper represents an original work and does not require a review, and is published in special, permanent and occasional sections.
- Papers are written in Croatian or English, and it is possible to publish them bilingually.
- Each paper, prior to publishing, goes through anonimus review process performed by at least two reviewers. Authors are encouraged to remove all the information they can alluding to their identity (name, surname, project information) from the text and the literature list, and to remove the identity information from the properties of the electronic document.
- Authors may suggest two to three scientists and / or experts who they consider to be competent for a paper review. The decision on the selection of the reviewers is made by the Editorial Board and / or the Editor.
- The journal supports open access. The full content of the journal is immediately and permanently free for everyone to read, download or use in any other legal way without requesting explicit permission from the author or publisher as long as the original author is cited. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-
NoDerivs 4.0 Generic International License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) – https://creativecommons.org/ licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/ legalcode.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Users cannot use the material for commercial purposes. The author (s) retain copyright, but transfer publication rights to Zadružna Štampa d.d.
- The authors are not charged by the journal for the cost of receiving, reviewing and publishing papers.
- Journal of plant protection is abstracted/indexed in: 1. CAB Abstracts 2. FSTA – Food Science and Technology Abstracts 3. GLOBAL Health 4. Ulrichsweb 5. AGRIS 6. EBSCO 7. DOAJ
The basics of the paper structure and writing
Work title should be as short as possible. Below the title are the name(s) and surname(s) of the author(s). Each author should state: the academic degree (if any), the name and address of the organization in which he / she is working, the position and function of the organization in which he / she is employed.
To facilitate contact we please the author(s) to specify a phone, fax and e-mail address for corresponding author. The phone and fax numbers will not be published in the journal.
The paper should consist (depends on the type of paper) of titles, summaries, keywords, introductions, material and methods, results and discussions, conclusions, literature lists. Each work must have an abstract in Croatian and English. Below the abstract, three to five keywords should be mentioned.
Paper written in Croatian should contain the English version of the title, abstract, and keywords which come at the end of the paper, behind the chapter Literature, and vice versa.
Literature should be cited according to the Harvard style.
Manuscript (up to 10 computer-written pages) should contain all the images, drawings, graphs and diagrams. For longer manuscripts (>10 pages), the author is obliged to contact the Editor in advance. Works are written and sent in Word Microsoft office program and have an extension of .doc or .docx. Tables, graphs and images should be in the text of the work where they are mentioned.
For more details see GZB template.
The paper should be submitted to the Editorial Office/Editor via email to one of the following e-mail addresses: